Wednesday, October 6, 2010

fall & country roads


country road...
look close...see the cotton field?
L's reaction to all the excitement.

PIE : )


Is everyone almost ready for Halloween? I bought Logan's costume a few weeks ago. I knew it was the winner when I tried it on him and I could not stop laughing. He was so darn cute! He was laughing too! I just could not resist not buying it. I do not know about you but fall is my most favorite time of year. There is so much I want to do and so little time to do it all in! What is one of your fall favorite foods? I can tell you that Sweet Potato Pie is one of mine! I bought one the other day and it did not last long at my house. You know who else helped me gobble it up? Logan Michael. Everytime I fed him some he would say, "Mmmmmmmm!" Too cute. I was a clever momma and snuck some peas in his pie too!

Last year we dressed Logan up in his giraffe costume and went to Kelly's Nursery. I would love to keep this tradition going as long as possible. One day he will be too embarassed to let me do this. So...in the meantime...we will be dressing Logan up in his costume once again....take him back to Kelly's Nursery...pose him on some hay... flanked with pumpkins...gourds...and mums..and take pictures of him like crazy! : ) It is lots of fun for me!

The other day Logan and I set out on on a mission to find a place that has fun fall stuff for families to do. We ventured out on the back country roads and we found ourselves passing by Darden's Country Store. They are very festive for fall and have cute stuff set up for kids to play with. This is a potential place for the three of us to explore this weekend. I have a few other ideas too but this place struck my fancy. It was such a nice day to take a ride out in the country! The air was crisp, the sun was shining, the cotton fields were beautiful and white...and I was just enjoying myself with my music up and my windows down... enjoying the fresh air! Stay tuned for Logan's costume reveal and fall pictures! (Should be coming up in a week or so.)

Sorry for the picture quality. I did not have my camera...so I used my cell phone.

Hint....His costume is GREEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment