Wednesday, September 29, 2010

rain

Anyone who really knows me knows that I see and speak with my heart. This is one of those times when I feel like I want to express my heart. All this rain we have been getting is a reminder to me of life's little blessings. Blessings from our heavenly Father. Speaking of all this rain....looking out my window today at the downpours I was certain I would eventually see Noah and his Ark float by.  : )  We sure have been getting a ton of flooding. However, I happen to love rain. I actually get happy when I see rain in the forecast. It is so soothing to me to hear rain trickling down on my roof. It makes snuggle time with Jack and Logan so much more cozy! Meals taste better...especially when they are warm...like soup! There is nothing like a snuggly blanket to get wrapped up in when it rains. Rainy days make good days to get lost in a book or to take a long nap! (Ha! Ha!) Naps!? Who am I kidding!? I do not even remember what a nap feels like...I have a BUSY 12 month old! But I LOVE it! All these things are life's little blessings to me. I feel like a lot of times people focus so much on what they do not have that they tend to lose focus on what they do have. I am so thankful that God has blessed my life with big and small gifts. I am also appreciative of the times when he allows "storms" in my life. It is through those difficult "storms" or times that I grow more as a person. Storms make you realize an inner strength you did not know you had. You learn a lot about yourself and others during the process. All the "storms" in my life have made me the person I am today. I am not perfect by a long shot but I do have good intentions and a good heart. It is my hope that people take the "rain" in their life and learn to grow from it. If it were not for rain the... flowers would not grow. We should take the "rain" or hard times and allow it to turn us into something better...something beautiful....someone wiser.

Life is not how you survive the storm but how you dance in the rain. ~ Author Unknown


watching rain fall from the clouds...


looks like his hair is curling...love it!
 
raindrops on roses...
 With all that being said...I really had a good day with my munchkin. We sat out on the porch quite a bit and watched and listened to the rain. Despite all the rain Jack still managed to get outside and cook some chicken on the grill! He is such a good husband. Thank you Lord for the blessings in my life. I am happy that I can find my blessings in the simplicity of life. Thank you for my family, friends, husband, and my son.

Thank you for rain....

puddles of rain...


rain jackets a must today....(Jack firing up the grill.)


my drenched Old Navy flip flops...
 
we hold hands a lot...
 
comfort food (or candy) also a must on rainy days...

I hope everyone is having a great week!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment