Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

going face first...he did this on his own! : )
bbq
Hubbs & Logan Helping daddy in the yard.
Love those sweet eyes..button nose...& those puffy cheeks.
My handsome Logan.

Getting good at holding his sippie cup.

Getting some xo's from Sky.



L Man's b-day gift from Mommy and Daddy...a SLIDE!I love this kid.

Today has been a relaxing day. However, I am missing my hubbs. I have Logan though so it's all good! Jack had to work today. Poor guy. We kind of celebrated Labor Day yesterday since we knew he had to go in today. We grilled bbq chicken, made pasta salad, and had butter beans and corn. YUM! We hung out in the yard and enjoyed what is left of the summer sun. Our yard has come a long way in the past 4 years since we moved here. We recently had a shed built and we planted a pink crape myrtle. I love it! Jack also installed speakers so we can listen to our music. We are putting bricks down to create a platform for our grills. Jack also installed a new fence too. We have also planted various flowers and plants as well. It has really come a long way. We have focused so much attention on the yard in the front. The yard in the back has been so neglected. We use it more now that we have Logan. I will post pictures when I get a chance. Above are also pictures from yesterday when we were all 3 playing in the yard.

We also watched the movie, The Last Song yesterday too....I liked it but I was expecting a little more from it than I got I guess. I loved the movie Dear John so my expectations were high going into The Last Song...but truly...I was let down. Has anyone else watched it?

Anyway, back to today...Labor Day. Logan and I hung out and just relaxed. We actually laid down together and took a nap. I felt so much better when I woke up! I was tired this morning. I cleaned my house and got some laundrey done. It was such a nice day and we had been inside all day. So I decided to get out of town for a little while. Logan and I took a long drive in the country nearby where we live. We came back home and I fixed Logan his dinner and I heated up some of Jack's leftover bbq. I also got some great shots of Logan and his two buddies, Tobey and Skyler. Tobey was laying on his dog bed and Logan climed inside of it with him. It was so sweet. My day might sound like a complete drag to some...but I really enojy the simple life. As long as I am with Logan and Jack..nothing else really matters.

I can not also help but think of my sister today. LABOR DAY and she is 9 months pregnant! I remember this time last year and I was also pregnant on Labor Day. WOW! Wouldn't that be neat if she had Gavin on Labor Day? I just knew I would have Logan on this day last year. However, he came when he was ready. Gavin will too.

Speaking of Logan...his birthday is in just a few days. Jack and I went to Toys R Us yesterday and got him an early birthday present. We got him a slide. It can be used inside the house or outside. For now we have it set up inside. Let me tell you...Logan is having a blast on that thing! It is called an All Star Sports Slide I think. It not only is a slide but eventually he will be able to do other things with it too. For example, he can kick a soccer ball into a net-like thing, play basketball, and throw a football through a little opening. It really is neat. Hope he likes sports! If not that is fine too...as long as he is happy. The slide was our big gift to baby boy for his first birthday. I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment