Friday, April 30, 2010

Peas and Dumplings


This recipie reminds me so much of my grandmother, Grace. She used to make the best peas and dumplings hands down! She would pair it with pan fried steak and so much more other yummy food! Jack and I do not have her actual recipie that she used. However, I knew what it tasted like! Peas, dumplings, and SUGAR were tied in my memory of her recipie. We of course threw in frozen peas, a can of bisquits, (must be a regular can of bisquits & it does not matter which brand), butter, milk, and of course, sugar! Salt and pepper to taste and you may also add in some chicken stock. We left the stock out. You just heat it all through and enjoy! A ham or turkey sandwich and the peas and dumplings make a great duo! It really is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment