Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4-28-2008

Foundation where a house once stood...Damages to our house...
The tornado...
Shopping center near our house....

Antique store in Driver..(We had just been there the day before!)

I am in the yellow jacket...Jack is in the white shirt..(Picture that made the paper!)

Two years ago today, one of my worst nightmares came true. A tornado swept through where we live in Virginia. There was a lot of devastation to our community and to other towns surrounding ours. There were houses flattened by this F3 right in our own development. Thankfully no one was killed which was a miracle from God! Jack and I were both home when the tornado slammed our development. I remember the wind picking up really loud and I ran to the kitchen window to look outside. I saw the huge tornado coming right for our house. Jack and I grabbed our puppies and jumped in the bathtub. The house was shaking so hard and we heard a noise that sounded like a freight train. Debris was hitting the side of the house and Jack and I just knew that we were gonners! By the grace of God we were saved that day! Our house had extensive exterior damage. However, we were alive and for that we felt very blessed! I pulled some pictures from the Internet of the tornado...etc. I also posted some of my own pictures as well. The sun is shining here today and NO tornado is in the forecast! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment