Friday, February 12, 2010

We love you Steven...


My cousin, Steven, tragically died 4 years ago on February 9th in a car accident. This was one of the saddest days I think I have ever experienced in my life. He was 17 years old and just beginning life. I will always remember him talking about looking forward to going to college. He started talking about going to college when he was a young kid. He loved his red Camero and he looked great in it too! When I think of Steven I only have wonderful thoughts of him. My last memory of him was at my wedding and he gave me and Jack a big hug and flashed his beautiful smile with his big, bright, and beautiful eyes. He said, "Welcome to the family..." to Jack. That was the last time I laid eyes on this amazing person. If I had only known then what I know now I would have held on a little longer and a little tighter when he gave us that hug. Steven was the most sincere and kind hearted person I have ever met. His love for his friends and family ran as deep as the ocean. He was a friend to everyone and would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. He is missed by his family and friends tremendously. He will forever hold a special place in my heart. I think of him everyday and look forward to meeting up with him again someday! Steven was a blessing to our family and we will love him forever.

This song was sung at Steven's memorial service...
When I get where I'm going ~ Brad Paisly and Dolly Parton

When I get where I'm going on the far side of the sky. The first thing that I'm gonna do is spread my wings and fly. I'm gonna land beside a lion and run my fingers through his mane. Or I might find out what's it's like to ride a drop of rain. Yeah when I get where I'm going there'll be only happy tears. I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years. And I'll leave my heart wide open. I will love and have no fear. Yeah when I get where I'm going, Don't cry for me down here. I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy. And he'll match me step for step, and I'll tell him how I missed him every minute since he's left. Then I'll hug his neck. So much pain and so much darkness, in this world we stumble through. All these questions I can't answer, so much work to do. But when I get where I'm going, and I see my Maker's face, I'll stand forever in the light of His amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment