Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chief Pinning Ceremony

Logan keeping the crew in check.

Our friend and neighbor, Matt.

Master Chief and I pinning Jack.



Captain placing Cheif hat on Jack.

My favorite picture...see Logan in the distance?
Jack giving his speech thanking people...I thought he was going to forget me...but he saved the best for last. : )
Master Cheif Atchley.

Logan, Captain Sawyer, Jack, Master Cheif Atchley


This morning was Jack's Chief pinning ceremony. He chose me and of course his Master Cheif to pin his Cheif pins on his uniform. I have never been so proud of hubby! Logan was there watching too. Our good friend Matt was there too and held Logan for us. I was worried if I was going to be able to get any pictures because I was part of the ceremony. It worked out because a guy in the Coast Guard offered to take pictures for us. He had taken photography classes before so he was ready for the task! I was so happy it all worked out. Jack's previous Captain (Skip) from the Kennebec was there too. It meant so much to him that he was there. Previous Master Chief James pulled in to port just for the ceremony too. That was very kind and it meant a lot to Jack and I. I got a tour of the Sea Horse and got to talk to the crew and Jack for a little while. I am so happy and proud to had been part of this special time for Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment