Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Something to think about...

So I have been reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. He brought up a very interesting point which I would like to share with you. Francis brings up a reference to another book called God is the Gospel by John Piper. John questions our relationship with God: The critical question for our generation - and for every generation - is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there?

WOW! This passage really made me stop and think. If our hearts are truly in the right place with God than we could never be happy in heaven without Him there. Our relationship with God should be the same for instance with our own father or mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, husband...etc... We would not be happy on earth if they were not here. God wants us to desire a relationship with him too. For some people it is hard to believe in things they can not see. I like to compare my relationship with God to the wind. You may not see it but you know it is there. You can feel it on your skin...you see it moving the leaves on the trees. You may not see God physically but you can feel his love and his grace in your heart. How do you get to know someone you just met? Talking to them. Prayer is a way of talking to God and getting to know him. I hope you enjoyed this blog. I read this part of my book the other night and it is something that has been on my heart since I've read it. Sweet Dreams! I am going to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment