Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fort Story, Virginia Beach

handsome hubbs.


logan wants down!







staring at the ocean.

bootprints in the sand...

doing what I do best...carrying my kiddum on my hip.

another one of my bests...bending over to pick my kiddo up!

somebody is unhappy!




We went to Fort Story in Virginia Beach today. This has been on my list of things-to-do for quite a while. Fort Story is actually a military base. There are two lighthouses on this base. The new Cape Henry Lighthouse was bulit in 1881 to replace the old one that was thought to be unstable and cracking. The lighthouses were just beautiful! There is also a boardwalk that leads to the ocean front. We let Logan play there for a little while. He had a blast exploring. There was an awesome view of the lighthouses and huge rocks right on the ocean. We all were hungrey after spending quite some time at Fort Story. So we took Logan to McDonalds afterwards and he had his first happy meal! : ) For more information about Fort Story you can go to http://www.virginiawind.com/virginia_travel/fort_story.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment