Saturday, August 8, 2009

Showers of Blessings!



I was really blessed to have been given 4 showers for baby Logan! The first shower given by my parents and my sister, Heather. It was held at a state park near where I used to live growing up. We had a cookout and it was a humid but very nice day! It started out pouring raining before guests arrived and than the sun poured through the entire shower! Close friends and family from my side and Jack's side enjoyed hotdogs, hamburgers, fried chicken and all the trimmings and sides! We even had a few Smith Island Cakes to just die for! I really wanted a casual shower where everyone could just relax and have fun. It was the perfect set-up right there in the woods under a beautiful pavillion on the river!

The next shower given to me was from my friends Caren and Pam here in Virginia. It was held at Caren's beautiful house and we had a baby shower luncheon. They served delicious chicken salad on croissants, kiwi and rasberry salad, shrimp coctail, linguine pasta salad, and homemade carrot cake cupcakes made by Pam! It was a very tasteful shower where many of my close friends gathered to celebrate Logan's upcoming arrival!

My third shower given to me was from my friends Julie, Hope, and Karen here in Virginia as well. They threw me a beautiful breakfast baby shower. We enjoyed ham and cheese quishe, bagels, fruit, and a beautiful cake made by my talented friend Rachelle. The cake was decorated with a baby blue "L" on the top for "Logan!" Too cute! Close friends and some co-workers were at this shower to celebrate my precious baby boy!

Last but not least, my mother-in-law, Tracy, threw me a Tea Party Baby Shower! Clever because I certainly am brewing a baby in my tummy! This shower was too cute and something I have never done before. We were served lemonade on the porch like real southern gals! We ate adorable finger foods such as cucumber and tomato sandwiches, blueberry croissants, white chocolate covered strawberries...and so much more! We were served hot tea in the prettiest tea cups and tea pots with sugar cubes to sweeten up our tea. We dressed the part with our sundresses and tea party hats!

With all the showers I received we got everything we needed or desired for our little boy! We are truly appreciative of everything everyone has done for us. The people who threw the showers and who attended made me feel so special and loved. I love you all and can not wait for you to meet Logan Michael! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment