Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Boy

The guys shootin a breeze.
Random....I just love this sunflower garden.

My family...my heart.Birthday boy's party hat.
Birthday cake.
I love cupcakes.


I found these adorable personalized sock monkey cupcake toppers on etsy.com. Logan's smash cupcake.

Sock Monkey Happy Birthday banner!


One of my most favorite pictures from Logan's birthday party.I had a blast with the whole process of planning Logan's birthday parties. I did not have any trouble at all coming up with a theme. I bought him a sock monkey many months ago. He has always been attached to it since day 1. Therefore, it was a no brainer when I decided to have a Sock Monkey themed 1st Birthday party. I am happy with how everything turned out. It was very hard to find Sock Monkey items for birthdays. However, I found everything I needed on a website called etsy.com. You can buy a tremendous amount of things on there. I highly recommend it. The sellers on there are super nice and do good quick business. I threw two parties for Logan while on the Eastern Shore. I will first talk about his party at his Mommom Joy and Poppop Michael's house. I got up early Sunday morning and decorated for the party and made cupcakes. Jack and Logan hung out while I was getting together all the festivities. My mom made lasagna, garlic break, and salad for lunch. My sister, brother-in-law, and Grace were also there. I was so glad my sister did not go into labor early so they could all be there too. My sister had rented a bounce house for Grace's birthday party which was the day before. Therefore, they decided to bring it to Logan's birthday since they had it anyway for the weekend. Logan will probally be mad at me one day for having a pink and purple castle at his birthday in a few years.....but we had fun anyway! I got a Smith Island cake for his main birthday cake and it was soooo yummy! When it was time to sing Happy Birthday to Logan he was very unsure about the singing and he started crying when I blew out his candle. He wanted nothing to do with his smash cupcake. Poor baby! He was also very very tired. Right after we sang Happy Birthday he took a 2 and a 1/2 hour nap. While he was sleeping my family and I just hung out and played outside. We drew on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, played in the bounce house...etc. When the birthday boy woke up we got the two kids together and got some great photos of them. It was a nice day and I will remember it for the rest of my life. At this age Logan will not remember anything. I believe 1st birthdays are more for the parents. Atleast I got some good pictures to show Logan later. I can not believe my baby is almost 1!
More birthday pictures coming soon. However, right now I have a precious baby boy tugging on my leg saying..."Mama..." I think he is sleepy. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment