Monday, January 11, 2010

Homemade Orange Julius...


We got a food processor for Christmas and I LOVE it! Jack went and bought some oranges yesterday. So I thought it would be a perfect time to break out the processor! I decided to try to make one of my most favorite drinks...Orange Julius! YUM! I did not follow a recipie..I just kind of experimented on my own. Scary....I know! However, my creation ended up tasting fabulous! My husband even said so too! All I did was put a fresh and peeled whole orange in and processed it really well. I added a little more orange juice and milk. The best part...add in Breyers Vanilla Ice cream. (I put in about 3 scoops). I then added some ice cubes and processed the mixture really well. It tasted just like something you would buy at Dairy Queen!


Ingridient recap....
1. Processor or Blender
2. Fresh Oranges
3. Orange Juice (optional)
4. Milk
5. Vanilla Ice cream
6. Ice


The true recipie goes like this...


6 Oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8-9 ice cubes


Blend all ingridients except ice cubes for 1-2 minutes into blender or processor.

Add in ice cubes one at a time while blending.


* If you want a creamier drink - try using 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup powdered sugar instead of the full 1/2 cup sugar.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment